The Montecarlo Consortium Forum
August 24, 2019, 08:23:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our program of events for 2019 will soon be available                             

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEC Classic & Sportscar Show  (Read 4139 times)
Andy W
Treasurer
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »

Hi All,

With just over 2 weeks to go until the Classic car show I'll give an update on the preparation's to date:

We have at least 4 cars we can use on the stand, we have volunteers to man the stand, we still need some stories of ownership - doesn't have to be long, 100 words or so submitted to the editor (Jez Pigden) who will collate onto a board, if you have pictures from the 70's/80's of you, your car, or both it'll all help to support the theme.

We will be commissioning some 80's style t-shirts, if you remember Frankie goes to Hollywood and their song "Relax", we'll have t-shirts printed with "Monte says Relax" on them, available to buy on the stand for drop-in members.  We will also be dressing in decade-specific clothing where possible and encourage as many of you, "the Consortium" to stop by and say hello as this is our premier event of the calendar where we celebrate our fantastic cars in public, it really is worth attending if you've never been before.

Anyway, I hope to see as many of you that can make it - old and new faces and please spend 5 minutes to tell "your story" in a mail to Jez, please support your club as without you it's nothing.

Thanks,

Andy

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems - Homer Simpson
jez
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

Can I echo Andy's request, the show theme is what's the story, so we want to share our members stories; we only need 150 words (approx) so shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, the more we get the better, and photos of you in the 80s please.
And we'd love to see as many of you as possible, please drop by and say hello,
Thanks
Jez
Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

Chaps

I can now support Thursday & Friday/ Saturday morning and I have booked the Hell Hole (Coventry Hill Hotel) it cost 24 a night on late rooms excluding their in-edible breakfast. My dodgy story has been sent, but finding a 1980s photo of me is so hard I had to check I was alive at the time.

Cheers

Eric

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »

Fellow Monte owners

Whilst it has been quiet on the Forum I can tell you there has been frantic activity on email to make this event a success and at least as funny as previous years. The NEC is a great event and epic in scale so please do make the effort to attend and have laugh at the folk in fancy dress. You will be made welcome.

Cheers

Eric   

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
Martin D
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »

Oh dear, what have I done?
I've booked a room at the Hell Hole for Friday and Saturday nights, (hope the Britannia Coventry Hill Hotel is the right one !!).

See you all on Friday.

Martin.
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »

smashing!
I hope you have your 80's gear  Grin
1st stop Claire's accessories for some legwarmers, then off to Boots for some Resolve  Wink
Andy W
Treasurer
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »

Oh dear, what have I done?
I've booked a room at the Hell Hole for Friday and Saturday nights, (hope the Britannia Coventry Hill Hotel is the right one !!).

See you all on Friday.

Martin.

Hi Martin, that's the one - look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,

Andy

Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 10:29:59 PM »

Thanks for a great few days, had plenty of fun and enjoyed catching up with you all.
Hope the Monte's return journeys were uneventful and they are tucked away safe and sound.
Looking forward to next years events and hopefully I'll be along to a few in my Monte.
Cheers, missing you all  Cry
Chris
Andy W
Treasurer
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »

I'd like to thank all our members who attended, helped staff, visited and provided their cars for this year's show. 

I have submitted a request for a larger stand at next years show and I'm hoping (finger's crossed!) to have a genuine '037' on the stand to celebrate Lancia's 30th anniversary of winning the World Rally Championship constructor title in 1983, along with some different Montecarlos too.

So, watch this space and thanks again to everyone for their help.

Cheers,

Andy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: