The Montecarlo Consortium Forum
May 25, 2019, 12:52:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our program of events for 2019 will soon be available                             

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEC 2014  (Read 21047 times)
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« on: June 30, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »

Hi

With great sadness, I have the following email from the organisers to share with you:

Regretfully, we are sorry to inform you that the The Lancia Montecarlo Consortium Ltd application for space at this year’s Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show at the NEC has been unsuccessful.

This year we are aiming to improve the feature content at the event for visitors, which along with a large number of clubs celebrating significant anniversaries, puts pressure on the oversubscribed space available for club stands.

We aim to showcase as wide a variety of clubs at the event as possible but as we have been inundated with applications and it is impossible to fit in all the great cars and clubs that would like to exhibit.  So, despite having space for well over 200 car clubs, we have little option but to decline many applications, yours being one.

We will keep your application on record and if, in future years, you would like to apply again we would be very happy to hear from you and will consider your on-going interest and support in any future stand application.

I'm really not sure how excluding us this year will "Improve the feature content for visitors" but maybe it's because there is still a recession on and they want to cut down on the number of sandwiches and alcohol consumed at the Awards ceremony.

I wrote a begging email, but unfortunately, it didn't improve the situation.  We'll just have to try again next year.

Cheers
Chris
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:37:58 PM »

...and just to kick us in the teeth, they have announced the theme - "The Big Screen".
Perfect for us to mock up some blue Montes as Giselle from "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo".
 Cry
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:55:39 PM »

Hi

At Curborough we discussed the possibility of having a night or 2 away at the Hell Hole (or Hotel of equivalent luxury) to include a day at the NEC Classic Car Show, even though the b@$%*!&s have banned us from displaying this year.

Is anyone interested?

Maybe it's something you could discuss further at the EOTB - I won't be present...again :0(

Cheers
Chris
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 09:20:29 PM »

Hi

Our good friends the Betaboyz have offerered us a place or two on their stand at the NEC.

Is anyone interested in showing their car? They obviously need to know reasonably soon so they can make plans.

The show runs from the Thursday 13th November (drop off) through to Sunday 16th.

Cheers
Chris
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »

Right, so here's the deal...
We're going to tha show on Friday and so some of us are staying over on Thursday/Friday or just friday, at the Quality Hotel, Coventry, which is only 10 mins from the NEC.
Best check direct with the hotel, as I think some sites have sold their allocation of rooms now, although ou may want to check other sources (I havent checked Expedia).
You'll have to book your own show ticket and it will be cheaper in advance. For those just staying over on the Friday you may want to get to the hotel really early to share a lift and cut down on th parking.
Can't wait, and this year we don't have to listen to punters amusing jokes about rust :0)
Cheers
Chris
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »

Hi

It looks like the following booked in so far for Thu/Fri:

Me
Paul Millet
David Griffiths
Darren Cooksey (fri only)
Eric Weston

Any other takers?

Cheers
Chris
Don B
Senior Montecarlisto

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 06:38:39 PM »

Looking to book a room for Friday night only any body got a spear seat for a lift to NEC
Don
Don B
Senior Montecarlisto

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 10:03:09 PM »

Hi Chris,
Add me to the list room booked for Friday night
see you there
Don
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »

Great :0) John Backhouse is coming too, so that makes 7
Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »

Chaps

I am on Track to sneak my car onto the Beta Boyz Stand at the NEC so at least 1 Montecarlo will be seen this year. I can of course be socialable as normal  Grin

Cheers

Eric

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
MonteS1
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 09:01:52 AM »

Hello all,

I'm looking forward to visiting the NEC on Sunday and hopefully meet Eric and anyone else who may be in, on or around the Beta Boyz stand.

Grin

regards,

Mark.
Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 12:02:32 PM »

Chaps

I can report that the Jacobean Hotel not far from the Hell Hole and the Quality Inn has a very good bar and great quality food. They are even re-furbishing the rooms so a good choice for next year IMHO.

Cheers

Eric

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
Geoff W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »

I wonder how this hotel compares to the Coventry Hell Hole

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30111525

G

1981, S2. Race prepared. 
'BHP sells cars, Torque wins races!'
Darren (LanciaNut69)
Membership Secretary
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

There's a fine line between hobby and illness

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »

Only maybe in staffing and condition - but the Hell Hole is significantly more expensive than £36.00 per night for B&B!!

I think we'll be looking at the Quality Hotel for next year - not so good on the beer variety basis, but clean rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast and only about £50.00 per night!

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313 - Like!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: