The Montecarlo Consortium Forum
August 24, 2019, 08:26:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Lancia Montecarlo Consortium Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATES  (Read 8441 times)
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« on: August 24, 2015, 10:35:13 PM »

Planning is progressing well and some of the major bookings have been confirmed - I can almost taste the Tiramisu and Barolo! We've made firm bookings for the journey there and the hotel for our stay in Turin has also been secured.

We will be meeting in Reims on Sunday 18th September where full details and maps for the journey will be distributed. As we are travelling from such varied parts of the country, Reims has been selected for the first night as it's less than 3 hours from Calais and a little over 3 hours from Le Havre. To allow for our varied travel times across the UK, meals aren't booked for the evening and we will eat in the bar or restaurant, as we please. There is an outdoor pool and terrace at the hotel, so those arriving early can have a relaxing day or afternoon, discussing Torino 2016 and Montecarlos! You can now book your ferry/tunnel crossings!

We will depart on Monday morning for a leisurely drive through some beautiful French countryside to Lyon, where we will prepare for the drive across the Alps into Italy, on Tuesday. We have allowed plenty of time to enjoy the scenery of the Alps and many stops for photos and the odd refreshment!
Tuesday evening sees our arrival in Turin where full details of the stay will be distributed. I've already received sample menus from the hotel, which look excellent and I'll send menu choices to all participants, nearer to the time. 

Please can I ask anyone who has not paid their instalments to-date, to make your payment right away as we can't make further bookings until you do, which is unfair on fellow travellers (and me as its taking huge amounts of time to organise!).

On a positive financial note, I have been able to get some excellent prices on our accommodation and I'm therefore pleased to confirm that the budgeted cost per person is being revised from 1100 to 950. The requested payments for the year remain unchanged, so please keep these up. The balance due by Feb 28th will be reduced to reflect the revised cost. Hopefully another reason to smile!

Ciao for now!

Regards,

David
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:00:48 AM »

I'm delighted to say that Chad and Dinah Eyton-Williams have decided to join us. That's a total of 19 Montecarlos and 36 people!  If you fancy the Monte holiday of the decade, let me know and I'll try to squeeze you in!!
David
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 07:47:16 AM »

Just a quick note to welcome Andrew Knight and Peter Barefoot (and partners) to our tour of Italy next year. Great to have you with us!

The route is nearly complete and there is only one more hotel booking to make, before the daily excursions are organised. We will be taking a fabulous route home across the Alps, so that there's no disappointing and boring drive home!

Thanks to everyone for your payments - all instalments are now paid to date. As promised, I won't be asking for any more money until February, when it will be time for the final balance!

I'll update everyone later in the month and I hope to see many of you this weekend at the EOTB in Ironbridge.

David G
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:19:23 PM »

Hi everyone.

Just a quick note to welcome Bex and Nick Astbury who will be joining us in Turin next year.

The hotel is now fully booked so it's just us!  We will have 20 Montecarlos between us and Darren and I are working on a scheme for spares etc, which we will announce nearer Christmas.

Now numbers are finalised, I'll shortly make the booking for the last night in France and then I'll start to give everyone a flavour of the excursions..

I'll get back to you all, soon.

Best regards,

David G

Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:58:14 AM »

Fellow Travellers

We have been working on a spares list which made me look at the top 10 reasons for breakdowns. Lost keys/ lockout was in the top 5 so please ensure you have a second set of keys. The other high ranking items include:
Starting - Battery, Starter Motor, Alternator
Tyre Problems - Punctures, no spare wheel, no jack, no locking wheel nut key
Overheating - Radiator, Thermostat, Drive Belt, Faulty Hose

This is mentioned to give everyone some time to check these areas on their own cars so we all enjoy the trip.

Sorry for the January gloom

Cheers

Eric

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
Peter H
Senior Montecarlisto

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 03:40:22 PM »

Thanks Eric.

Re spare keys: My monte only came with one set and I couldn't find the correct size blanks locally. I found the correct door key & ignition key blanks from Keys4classics in Australia, didn't take long to arrive  and after having them cut they fit perfectly.
Cheers
Peter
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:44:40 AM by Peter H » Logged
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 11:16:49 AM »

Hi everyone,
Just a reminder that the final payments are due by 28th February.
I'll be emailing everyone shortly.
Regards,
DG
UKMonte1
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 06:49:26 PM »

Cheesy cilla and I have planned to spend some extra time in the south of France before heading home, is anyone else extending their stay or just dashing back to the UK at the end david :Smiley
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 08:48:13 PM »

Unexpectedly, we can accommodate two more people in a twin room for the duration of the trip. If you are interested in joining us please let me know as soon as possible. A payment if 1900 is required and is for two people. The cost is expected to be less than this but this is not guaranteed. Please ask any questions!
David G
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 06:47:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

Only two and a half weeks to go!

There is still lots of planning to do and it seems that there is a lot of last-minute work being carried out to Montecarlos, judging by the WhatsApp conversations! Good luck Nick with your work and I hope the oil leak is sorted very soon.

I have had complications with one of our excursions and I am currently unable to complete the guide for our holiday within the timeframe I'd planned. It will now be be produced at the very last minute and it's likely that I will either post them to you or bring them along to Reims. Rally plates and other goodies have arrived and are taking up a considerable amount of space in my study so these will be posted as previously planned and will be going out in about a week. Thank you for providing me with your addresses and I now have all of these. If you are not living in mainland UK, I will be bringing your packages to Reims, so there is no need to worry about receiving them in the meantime. If anyone is going to the 20th anniversary bash next weekend, please let me know and I'll bring your packages with me to save some money on postage.

Thank you to Darren and Eric for coordinating the spares and tools. Thanks also to TMH for their assistance with this. Please can I ask everyone to ensure that you've seen the emails and WhatsApp information regarding these. You need to be aware of the agreement you'll need to make if you need to use any of these. Thanks also to Peter and Caryl for offering some space for these items in their 'support car'!  Also, I've noticed that there has been a fair amount of talk about carrying spares and luggage due to the limited luggage space in our cars. It is worth noting when you are packing your clothes etc., that the hotel in Turin provides a laundry and dry-cleaning service.

Due to the large numbers of diners, I have agreed fixed menus with the hotel in Italy and they are able to accommodate the vegetarians and non-meat eaters among us. There's therefore no need to make the menu choices which I had originally planned.

To help you budget for the trip, no lunches are included so far, and on 18th and (provisionally) 23rd (which will be a free day for everyone), you will need to buy your own evening meals. Breakfast is provided every day and evening meals are booked every night except the two nights mentioned above. Subject to our budget, I'm hoping to make a couple of exceptions to the lunches, but I need a few more days before I can confirm this.

That's all for now and I'll be back in touch soon.

Buon viaggio!

Ciao,

David
David G
President
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »

Hi everyone.
It's taken longer than planned, but the refunds are now being made. If you've not already done so, please let Andy have your bank details. Enquiries to  treasurer@montecarlo.org.uk.
Now we have the finances sorted, I'll endeavour to get the photo album sorted. It was agreed to refund all monies first, so these will need paying for separately. I'll update everyone soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: