The Montecarlo Consortium Forum
May 25, 2019, 01:12:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our program of events for 2019 will soon be available                             

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EOTB - 14th-16th October  (Read 5708 times)
Jonathan H
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 08:06:27 PM »

Looking forward to the weekend!  Saturday forecast looks like a fine Autumn day.

Some reminders:

Look out for the dedicated Monte parking as you enter the hotel grounds from the Spine road.

We will need to collect 10 a room / couple to cover the cost of the private function room hire.

We are about 40 for dinner on Saturday.  

Please bring a Raffle prize...

Don't forget to find time to use the Spa facilities! Bring your swimming gear...

Details of the weekend and the Saturday drive will be provided - paper copies.

We'll arrive about 6pm Friday...

Safe driving...  see you soon
Jon & Sally
07766 303296

Monte S1 -(1977) - running restoration, undoing PO changes
Fulvia Sport S2  (1972) - piece by piece restoration - 4th year
Citroen D Super 5 (1972) - restored in 80s and 90s, runs
Citroen 7C (1936) - PO restored in the 80s, runs
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 09:43:02 PM »

Hi
What are your plans for Saturday?
We may join you for lunch if you have a planned stop.
Cheers
Chris
Jonathan H
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »

I've emailed Chris, but for anyone else, lunch will be in Stroud, to catch the end of the Farmer's Market.

Monte S1 -(1977) - running restoration, undoing PO changes
Fulvia Sport S2  (1972) - piece by piece restoration - 4th year
Citroen D Super 5 (1972) - restored in 80s and 90s, runs
Citroen 7C (1936) - PO restored in the 80s, runs
Paul C
Chairman
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 06:40:29 AM »

Chris: great to see you and your immaculate car on Saturday  Cool
...I realize it ended up a bit 'unfortunate'

just curious - was it the Lumenition that packed up or was it something else in the end??

Cheers
Paul

1978 LHD S1 spider in red
1978 RHD S1 coupe in mint
1982 X1/9
1966 saab 96, 'tripple-carb'
1961 S2 SWB Landrover (in Red!)
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 09:33:58 PM »

Hi

Good to see you too and all the other people I managed to chat to. Sorry I missed some of you.
For those that didn't know I enjoyed a nice drive around the Cotswolds ending in a breakdown at the end in Cirencester. After the club diagnosis of a failed Electronic ignition unit I resigned myself to calling the RAC. The guy who turned up was great. He was a classic car nut and had restored various Fiats and an Elan and was determined to get me back on the road. After a few tests he discovered that the wires to the chopper in the distributor were arcing on the base plate,  so insulated them but this didn't solve it although I then had power getting to the distributor, but not the spark plugs, so it was down to a failed rotor arm! He rang round lots of places trying to source one and thought he'd located one in Swindon and was kind enough to offer to drive there and get it. Before he went he described what it looked like to them but it ended up being the wrong one, so on the low loader it went and I got home for 7:30.
On Sunday I replaced the rotor arm with a spare I had and bingo! She fired and ran straight away.
The worst thing was that I had a spare arm, cap and all those other service parts in a box at home that I always kept in the car, but had taken them out a few months ago to fit a load of bits in when taking it to Darren's!
I hope you all enjoyed the rest of the weekend and wish I could have joined you in the rest of the bash.

Hopefully catch up again soon.
Cheers
Chris
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 09:36:57 PM »

Oh and one more thing...as both Paul C and I have found that the Lumenition kit isn't very reliable I'm thinking of changing it for the much cheaper one from Aldon Automotive. Has anyone got one of these fitted and have any comments about them?
Mark O
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 08:45:26 AM »

Funny you should mention the Lumenition kit,I`ve used one for the past 15 years in various race cars,and it`s by far the most popular in the paddocks and has rarely(if ever) given any trouble.I`d use nothing else.

That`s probably cursed it now! Grin
Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 01:49:40 PM »

Chris

I am just pleased you got it fixed and had one of the rare recovery drivers who actually wants to fix the issue. I wish we had managed a bit more than hello!!

Cheers

Eric

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: