The Montecarlo Consortium Forum
May 25, 2019, 01:59:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our program of events for 2019 will soon be available                             

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Australia  (Read 97 times)
Joe_E
Montecarlisto

« on: January 09, 2019, 10:23:29 PM »

Hi all, Iím Joe. My wife and I live in Brisbane in the (usually) sunny state of Queensland. There arenít too many Montes in Aus and only a few (I believe) in QLD. Iíd been hankering for a Monte in good condition for some time and managed to save up for one I had my eye on in Melbourne. My wife and I decided to fly down to check it out and look at a couple of other options if it didnít work out. If it did and the price was right, we would drive the car home (thatís about 1700km). In the end we bought the car and started our road trip adventure (taking turns to drive, of course). At the time we left, a heat wave was passing through Victoria and Western NSW (in some places over 40 degrees) and unfortunately the Monte didnít have air conditioning! Boy did we cook on the hot highways and went through many litres of hydrating water. The Monte got hot in stop/start traffic in a couple of places and we had to pull over a couple of times to let her cool. Finally we made it home in one piece and without too much drama. Now to get it roadworthied and registered. We both love the car and are looking forward to weekend trips together in our new toy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: