The Montecarlo Consortium Forum
August 24, 2019, 08:45:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our program of events for 2019 will soon be available                             

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MoT Exemptions - April Documents  (Read 85 times)
Paul C
Chairman
Committee and Officers
Hero Montecarlisto

« on: May 03, 2019, 09:29:56 AM »

Hi everyone,

We have received official notices from DoT via the FBVHC including press releases.
The attached documents are Intended to clarify the situation regarding MoT exemption for historic vehicles.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Paul

1978 LHD S1 spider in red
1978 RHD S1 coupe in mint
1982 X1/9
1966 SAAB 96, 2-Stroke 'tripple-carb'
1961 S2 SWB Landrover (in Red!)
1987 SAAB 900i
2002 Fiat Barchetta
Darren (LanciaNut69)
Membership Secretary
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

There's a fine line between hobby and illness

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »

Chaps and chappesses,

You should be VERY careful before you tick the box to exempt yourself from MoT, irrespective of whether you have a modified or standard car. You are self certifying that your car is fully compliant for the road. If for example you have old tyres and you slide into someone on a wet road or are involved in any accident where your pride and joy may be assessed, I think you’ll find it next to impossible to claim if it’s found there was an issue with your car.

It’s also a cheap way of finding out if there are any issues that need attention - wouldn’t you want to know???

IMHO this isn’t going to last forever as someone is going to kill someone else due to driving around in a piece of crap car that shouldn’t be on the road.

Don’t you think your pride and joy warrants £40 or so to be on the safe side?

It’s up to you, but I’m going to continue getting LRB and any of my other cars mot’d each and every year.

Just sayin’ 

Ciao

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313 - Like!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 05:06:56 PM »

I completely agree with Darren so now he really has to buy me a beer!

Cheers

Eric

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
Geoff W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 07:55:02 PM »

I always enjoy a bit of motor law interpretation.  Do we have a web location for the stated attachments “Statutory Instrument and a copy of the Explanatory Memorandum”.   With this documentation my Summer evenings will simply fly by!

For my money the MoT test has always been a minimum standard, where just the basic safety items are checked to a rudimentary level. 

We have a saying at work “An MoT pass is one year away from the car going to the scrap heap”.

I would like to think mine, and all your Montes, somewhat exceed this minimum standard.

G

1981, S2. Race prepared. 
'BHP sells cars, Torque wins races!'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: