The Montecarlo Consortium Forum
June 24, 2019, 11:18:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our program of events for 2019 will soon be available                             

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Under Tray Air Deflector  (Read 1914 times)
Stephen_V
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:44 PM »

I have just noticed someone in Colchester, Essex has listed an air deflector on eBay; however they are not interested in shipping OS.
Is anyone in this region of England that may be able to assist me in shipping the item if I bid / win the item?
Of course I would cover all costs.
My car does not have one, which begs the question; apart from being authentic to the original factory build are they really of much use?
Thank you.
Darren (LanciaNut69)
Membership Secretary
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

There's a fine line between hobby and illness

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »

Hi Stephen,

I saw that too - happy to ship it for you if you're successful in buying it.  As for whether they work or not, I'm not sure!  I have one to fit, but not used it as yet - maybe someone else can chip in.

Good luck with the auction!

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com - now on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSMR/260731937362313 - Like!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Stephen_V
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:02:41 AM »

Thanks Darren,
Knowing my luck I will forget the closing time and miss the end of the auction, but I will see how it goes.
Stephen
Chris C
Administrator
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:14 AM »

Hi
I had an original undertray and they are really heavy, meaning you have to put a couple of bricks underneath while you fix it to the car.
I bought the GRP one from the MH which is an excellent reproduction and about a tenth of the weight.

Cheers
Chris.
raider73
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:01 AM »

Hi,
I have an original steel one that was fitted to my car, and it'c not heavy at all.

Steve H
Eric W
Hero Montecarlisto

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »

Stephen

I have a TMH GRP item and it is far better (lighter and stronger) than the soggy oil soaked fibremat S2 original that I threw away. My car runs cooler with it and it helped to keep my car running through the floods on the way to Curborough one year.

Considering the shipping cost I would have thought the TMH GRP item would make sense.

Good Luck

Eric

Reaching for the stars is great, but you need long arms.
Stephen_V
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 02:06:12 AM »

Hi Eric,
Thank you for the advice.
I suppose if I bought one from TMH I could look at what else they could send at the same time!
Given how hot it gets in Australian summers I suspect a bit of extra air in the engine bay would be a huge advantage in keeping things cool back there.
Regards,
Stephen
jez
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

I don't have one of these (and never have actually!) Can someone take a picture of one in place on the car.

Steve H, how does this fit with your oil cooler (assume it's in the same place as before?)

Thanks

Jez
raider73
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »

I cut a hole in the undertray and made a scoop to direct air throught he hole onto the cooler but it didn't work very wel so I took off the undertray left the scoop attached to the cooler and now it's OK.

Steve H
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: